July 1, 2013

I'm in love with some chickens

AMERICAN CYANAMID, GIRL WITH STRAW HAT FULL OF CHICKS
{It's just like me, but blonde-er and with baby chicks}

Confession: I am in love with some chickens.

I've been dog and chicken sitting for the past few days. It actually has been quite lovely - last week was a busy week, so it's been relaxing out here. I knew I'd like the dogs, and while I've wanted chickens for some time now, I don't think I can fully express how much I love the little hens.

I love the way the run, waddling in the yard, and how the cluck as they wander about. I like how the peck at the ground, and seem angry when I move the broody one off of her golf balls. I love their feathers, and the way they instantly run over for some scratch.

Dear chickens, will you be my forever animals?

Love,
Liz

No comments: