January 2, 2013

2012 Books

Last year I started keeping track of every book I finished. I found my planner with the list in the back, and thought I would share. Some I loved. Some I hated. But I loved keeping track of every book, so I think I will keep on in 2013.

An Unquenchable Thirst (interesting if you find nuns...interesting.)
The End of the Wasp Season
The Oregon Trail (a kids graphic novel, for the record.)
The Meaning of Marriage (a marriage book that doesn't make this future crazy cat lady depressed!)
Wilderness Medicine
Everything is Illuminated
Expedition Planning
Death Comes to Pemberly (Probably my least liked book of all of these.)
Quiet
The Hunger Games
Washington Park
The Reason for God
Letters from a Skeptic
Parenting Beyond Your Capacity (lots of parents at Gateway were reading it, so I figured it would be relevant)
Notes from a Small Island
Neither Here nor There
I'm a Stranger Here Myself
Little Dorrit
Growing a Farmer
Make the Bread, Buy the Butter
In the Garden of Beasts (Not nearly as good as Devil in the White City. Probably the other book that I disliked.)
Cannery Row
Life of Pi
East of Eden (Loved it. Cannot express how much I loved it.)
Dawn of the Century (well, this was about 50% photos, if not more. But I'm counting it.)

So a lot of Bill Bryson, some Tim Keller, and John Steinbeck, if you're looking for a theme.

No comments: