January 19, 2012

Chicken with Sriracha Cream Sauce

I made the most amazing meal this week.

Seriously. It's good it turned out great because (1) last week's was on the blah side and (2) this had possibly been the most uneventful week of my life. If I didn't have this dish to rave about, I would have nothing to talk about.

So I started with the recipe for Stuffed Salmon with Sriracha Cream from The Boogie Blog. Except I had no salmon. But I did have chicken! So imagine the picture above, but it's chicken! (My photos turned out terrible. Boo. I was too excited to eat, rather than get the photo right.)

The marinade is perfect. Seriously. I have plans to use it again. And since I also now have a GIANT bottle of Sriracha, I'll probably be using that again too.

Sriracha Cream Sauce:
1 Cup Mayo
1/4 Cup Sriracha
3 Tablespoon Sweetened Condensed Milk

Mix all together. Taste. Make spicer or sweeter, depending on what you like.

Marinade:

1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup water 
5 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp fresh ginger
1 minced garlic clove
2 tablespoons honey
1. Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved; set aside
2. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup water, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar & honey; bring to a simmer
3. When liquid is simmering and brown sugar has melted, add the cornstarch/water mixture & simmer until thick enough to coat a back of a spoon (This took longer than expected. But it will happen.)
4. Place cooled marinade in a plastic bag with the chicken. I halved two chicken breasts. Let sit in the fridge for 1 hour - overnight. I did over the workday. I think it was a good choice.
5. I cooked some brown rice here.
6. When ready to cook, the salmon recipe said to line a dish with tin foil, and cover with tin foil. I was out. So, I just coated a dish in olive oil, and placed the chicken in there. A little messier to clean up, but otherwise worked fine. 
7. Sprinkle with Seasame seeds. Cook for 20 minutes at 400. I turned it up to 450 for ten more minutes after that.
Then place some chicken on the rice, sprinkle with some chopped green onions and drizzle with the Sriracha cream sauce and enjoy. It was so nice to finally eat something fresh made and not reheated on Tuesday night. (And this actually has worked great as a work meal. Bonus!)



No comments: