October 12, 2014

I'm Running a Marathon

I think I have a fear of turning 30. Actually, I know I have a fear of turning 30.

What else would have lead me to sign up for the Marine Corps Marathon the day before I turn 30? Because nothing else says "happy birthday" like running 26.2 miles, right?

I did actually put a decent amount of thought into it - I was looking for a race, either a  half or a full, and nothing was fitting in my schedule. Then an opportunity to run on a charity team came up, it fit in my schedule, and it did seem like something cool to do for my birthday.

Bonus: I'll get to see D.C.! While running myself to death, of course, but look at the route!


Wish me luck - I'll need it, as training was going great until last week. I've had to do a lot of mental adjusting from a slow, but respectable time of 5 hours, to a much slower goal of just finishing. (Thanks hip flexor for always being there for me! Or not!)

No comments: