September 25, 2009

Feature Friday: Sweet Body

Today's a late one; I've been trying to figure out what-n-the-heck is going on with comments. For a temporary solution, I've got the pop-up comments turned on. Not my ideal solution, but it will do for  the time being. Moving on!

Today's Feature is SweetBody! I'm trying to have a theme, or reason for choosing whom I choose each time (we'll see if this actually happens!) Anyway, here's a little fact about me that, well, most of you probably don't care to know: I hate to shower. And I rarely wash my hair. Now mind you, I'm a clean person, but frizzy hair like mine just doesn't need a wash everyday...although, this week I think I'm pushing it a bit. I blame my aversion to showering on lots of camping. But I think if I had lovely soaps like these, I might consider it more often.


{Oh, you had me at "lime"}

Tell us about yourself, name, location, what have you!
My name is Amber. I'm 22 and I'm located on the coast of Maine, USA.

Oooh! Maine, I love Maine. Not that I've ever been there, but it is in my top five "States I get excited about when I meet people from there" list. Really.

What inspires you?
I'm inspired by everything. I could never just pinpoint one, or two, or ten things.

How did you get into soap making? 
I started when I was young, like, 15 or 16 by making lotion and bath bombs from a Christmas Gift DIY I read in a teen magazine. Then it evolved and soap is just...amazing. I love it.


{So..I have a thing for Vanilla}


Where do you do your soap making? 
I make all my soap in my apartment...I have a separate room for my supplies and stock and use the kitchen stove when I need to.

That's really impressive. I could barely manage to sew in my apartment last year. I can't imagine making soap.


{Ugh. It's so lovely. Vanilla}

Would you rather have a peg leg or a hook hand?
I'm a dancer outside of Etsy, so I can' imagine that choosing peg leg would be wise...Though, a hook hand is creepy. Can I choose an eye patch? Elle Driver had an eye patch in Kill Bill and it was oddly sexy... 

Do you look like Daryl Hannah? Because,  yes, then I'll allow an eye patch.

What are the last five songs played in your itunes?
Videotape by Radiohead
Flightless Bird by Iron & Wine
Never Think by Rob Pattinson
Jigsaw Falling into Place by Radiohead
House of Cards by Radiohead 

If you could create something other than soaps, what would that be? 
I'd either be a fashion designer or a graphic designer. 

Thanks Sweet Body! I really do love your stuff.You can find her shop here, or read her blog here.

No comments: